Wednesday, December 13, 2006

To My Party

You have given me fraternity toward the unknown man.
You have joined the strength of all the living.
You have given me the country again as in a birth.
You have given me the freedom that the loner cannot have.
You taught me to kindle kindness, like fire.
You have given me the rectitude that the tree requires.
You taught me to see the unity and the difference among mankind.
You showed me how one being's pain has perished in the victory of all.
You taught me to sleep in beds hard as my brothers.
You made me build on reality as on a rock.
You made me adversary of the evildoer and wall of the frantic.
You have made me see the world's clarity and the possibility of happiness.
You have made me indestructible because with you I do not end in myself.

Suggested read : Pablo Neruda

Suggested rythm : Imagine , Lennon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

have u read the "religion of the east" by neruda? that is awesome.

i have tried reading poems after i discovered neruda. but except for him, it is still grek & latin to me.

~NJ

b v n said...

illa...not even heard of that....actually i have quite a collection of neruda...but this one i havent heard. Actually this poem i've posted is one of his rare ones. yu have a copy of the one yu talkin abt ?

Anonymous said...

ya. but in print. i'll type and send u once i get net at home ;)))

Mia said...

i love pablo neruda, but some thoughts are difficult to go with.

found you as i'm looking for the lyrics "run,lola,run".


nice greetings,

mia